Your quick guide to playing Street Dice
A lot of people love playing simple games to destress whenever they’re online. Players who no longer wish to strategize tend to go for luck-based games.
Some of the luck-based games are those that are played with dice. Among these is street dice which is highly similar to a classic game of craps. What sets it apart from craps is that it can be played outside without a table.
Also known as street craps or shooting dice, this game will keep players interested every time they play. For those who haven’t tried it yet, here are several things to learn more about street dice:
How to play Street Dice
First, players must first determine who would be the shooter. After that, the shooter will place a wager followed by the players clockwise. The betting round will continue until the shooter’s bet is matched.
The players will then predict the game’s first roll. The shooter and those players who sided with the shooter win if the dice result is 7 or 11. If the outcome is 2, 3, or 12, the shooter and other players who support them lose.
A point is given to players if a number other than the ones listed above is rolled. After that, the dice will be rolled once more, and the shooter must equal the point number without rolling the 7. They lose if the shooter rolls a 7 before earning a point and they win if a point is rolled. If other numbers are rolled, the shooter continues to roll the dice.
Street Dice playing rules
Aside from knowing how the game is played, it is also important that players get a clear understanding of the game’s special rules. Some of them are:
- There are no guidelines when selecting the shooter. Whoever gets there first gets to shoot. Players can take turns, rotate positions, or choose a volunteer.
- The shooter will choose the amount of money they want to spend and one of two betting options: Pass or Don’t Pass.
- If the shooter chooses the Pass bet, they will throw the target number before rolling a seven.
- After the players have put their bets on the possibilities that are opposite the shooter’s bet, the process will continue.
- If the wagers cannot cover the initial stake, shooters might reduce their wagering amount.
Side bets you can place
Unlike the usual craps game where there are several betting options, players can only place two types of side bets in a game of street dice. These are:
- Pass bet: When the shooter believes they can roll a seven or eleven, they can place a pass bet. The shooter wins if the result of the dice roll is one of these two numbers. This is placed before the ‘Set the Point’ roll. Players can win from a Pass bet if the result is 7 or 11.
- Brick bet: It is a win if the result of the roll is 7, 11, or 12. If the result is 2, 3, 5, 9, or 12, players lose.
These are just some facts players would have to know about shooting dice before they play the game. By understanding its concept and how it is played, people can be more eager to try this game and see what it has in store for them!