Best Crypto Casinos & Sportsbooks 2023
The Rise of Crypto Gambling
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have revolutionized many industries, including online gambling. The emergence of crypto casinos provides new opportunities for players through improved privacy, security, accessibility and more.
This guide will explore the world of crypto gambling in-depth, including the top casinos, crypto gambling specific games, welcome bonuses, sign-up process, pros and cons, and legal considerations. Whether you’re new to web3 or a seasoned gambler, read on to learn everything you need to know about wagering with cryptocurrency.
Our Top Crypto Gambling Sites 2023
Our team consistently evaluates new crypto casinos and sportsbooks to find out which offers the best bonuses and player experience. Based on our analysis, here are the top 5 crypto casinos and the 5 best crypto betting sites for November 2023:
🎰 Top 5 Crypto & Bitcoin Casinos 🎰
- Stake – Founded in 2017, Stake is one of the most popular crypto casinos worldwide. They offer a huge selection of slots, table games, live casino options and more. Sign up is quick and easy with no KYC checks. Stake also provides generous withdrawal limits and excellent VIP rewards.
- Cloudbet – Established in 2013, Cloudbet is one of the longest-running Bitcoin casinos. They offer sports betting, esports, live casino games, slots, and unique options like politics betting. Cloudbet highlights include fast payouts, good security, and an intuitive user experience.
- Bitstarz – Launched in 2014, Bitstarz offers over 3,500 casino games to play with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. They are a hybrid online casino, meaning they accept both crypto and traditional payments. Bitstarz is known for quick cashouts, responsive customer support, and a great VIP program.
- FortuneJack – Founded in 2014, FortuneJack is a leading crypto gambling and sports betting platform. They are a provably fair casino featuring a wide variety of slots, table games, live dealer options, and multiple cryptocurrencies supported. FortuneJack is highly regarded for their security and transparency.
- mBit Casino – Established in 2014, mBit Casino brands itself as the world’s first Bitcoin casino. They offer an extensive games library with new titles frequently added. mBit is known for lightning fast withdrawals, generous deposit bonuses, and a fully mobile experience.
🏈 Top 5 Crypto & Bitcoin Betting Sites 🏈
- Cloudbet – Established in 2013, Cloudbet is one of the longest-running crypto betting sites. They offer sports betting, esports, and unique options like politics and entertainment betting. Cloudbet is known for fast payouts, good security, and an easy user experience.
- Stake – Founded in 2017, Stake has grown into the most popular crypto betting site worldwide. They provide betting on major sports, eSports, and virtual games. Stake is acclaimed for quick withdrawals, generous odds, and an excellent VIP & rewards program.
- BetOnline – Launched in 2004, BetOnline began accepting Bitcoin in 2016. They offer comprehensive sports betting, live wagering, poker, casino games, and horse racing. BetOnline highlights include competitive odds, numerous bonuses, and quality customer support.
- Sportsbet.io – Established in 2016, Sportsbet.io is a leading Bitcoin-led sports betting site. They are the official betting partner of Watford FC and the UFC. Sportsbet.io prides themselves on being a secure, fun, fair and fast betting site.
- 1xBit – Founded in 2016, 1xBit accepts over 30 cryptocurrencies for betting. They offer competitive odds on major sports, eSports, virtual games, slots, live casino and more. 1xBit appeals with a huge array of betting options, generous promotions and anonymity.
This covers some of the most trusted and established names in crypto casinos. However, there are many other reputable options out there too. When choosing a casino, be sure to evaluate factors like games on offer, bonuses, licensing, security practices, and community reputation. Brose our full list of the best crypto and bitcoin casinos here.
Plinko, Dice, Crash & more – Explore the Exciting World of web3 Crypto Casino Games
With some of the the biggest hits for traditional game studios such as the widely popular Aviator getting its inspiration from crypto crash games, we’d be remis to discuss crypto casinos without diving into the original games that have made playing in web3 so exciting!
Of course, you can expect all the iconic 5-reel and 3-reel slots, video slots, jackpot slots, Megaways slots and more from top providers like Betsoft, NetEnt and Yggdrasil.
But what you may not be familiar with are some of the exciting new crypto casino games that have sprung up from early innocation in the crypto gambling space. Let’s have a look at the most popular types of games available today:
Crash Games – As introduced above, crash games are exclusive to crypto casinos. Players bet on a randomly generated multiplier that increases rapidly until a “crash” occurs. The longer you stay in, the greater the risk and reward.
Dice Games – Simple, provably fair dice games with betting on rolls are ideal for blockchain. Crypto dice games remove the need for a physical deck or wheel. Bets and payouts are instant, with no house edge.
Pluck Casinos – Pluck style games have spinners or balls bounce around an arena until settling into a slot that determines payouts. Visuals are based on themes like space, pirates, monsters, or fruit. All gameplay logic occurs on-chain.
Plinko – Along with crash and dice games, Plinko is another crypto casino original. Players watch a ball cascade down pegs, betting where it will land. Payouts vary based on the slot landed in.
These types of games tend to offer a very low house edge, as well as some extreme volatility which makes for extremely exciting game sessions! And since these games run on-chain they are able to integrate blockchain benefits into gameplay. This allows for more transparency, instant payouts, and true provable fairness unavailable at traditional online casinos.
Getting Started with Crypto Gambling
How does it work?
- 1. Choose a suitable casino/sportsbook – Since the crypto gambling space is still widely unregulated, scams do exist and we urge players to be cautious and do their diligence when chosing where to gamble. A good place to start is our list of top crypto casinos and top crypto sports books. You also should consider the ecosystem (i.e. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana etc.) that your chosen gambling site runs on, as this will impact some of the next steps.
- 2. Sign Up – Generally speaking, sites will only require a username and password, along with a valid email to play. Some sites even just require a wallet connection (such as Metamask) for you to play. Again, it is very important to ensure the site is trustworthy, especially when connecting your wallet! Read our guide on how to gamble safely in the crypto space for more info.
- 3. Deposit funds – Navigate to the operators wallet/cashier page. For first time users, the process of depositing crypto could be somewhat challenging at first, however once setup, it provides a much more seamless experience than depositing with fiat. In all cases, you will need to locate the casinos wallet address (its like a sortcode/account number combination) that you will use to send funds to from your wallet. We have detailed guides for each of our recommended crypto casinos and sportsbooks where you can see how to do this setp by step.
There you have it!
The entire process from signup to playing takes just minutes. Crypto casinos do not require lengthy KYC checks or disclosing personal banking information. You simply deposit crypto to the provided address and can instantly start playing.
When ready to withdraw funds, the process is just as fast. Simply enter your desired withdrawal amount in the cashier section. Provide the external crypto wallet address to send winnings to. Most casinos process withdrawals in under an hour. This enables near instant deposits and cashouts unavailable at traditional online casinos.
Benefits of Crypto Gambling
There are some compelling benefits that crypto casinos provide over traditional online gambling sites:
- Anonymity – No personal details required to sign up at most crypto casinos beyond an email. Transactions are largely anonymous.
- Global Accessibility – Crypto casinos are not limited by jurisdiction. Anyone can play provided they are of legal gambling age in their region.
- Fast Transactions – Deposits and withdrawals in crypto are typically processed within minutes, instead of days at normal casinos.
- Lower Fees – Cryptocurrency transactions tend to have lower fees compared to credit card deposits and wire transfers.
- Provably Fair – Crypto casino games run on blockchain, enabling transparency through verifiable randomness.
- Bonuses – Crypto casinos tend to offer generous deposit and reload bonuses, especially for Bitcoin.
- Security – Blockchain transactions allow for added security and immutable records. Reputable casinos use encryption.
- 24/7 Availability – Crypto casinos operate around the clock year-round, with no downtime for maintenance.
For regular online gamblers, these benefits can make crypto casinos a preferable alternative to traditional fiat currency casinos.
However, there are also downsides to consider.
Downsides & Risks of Crypto Gambling
While crypto gambling offers advantages, there are also some cautions users should be aware of:
- Volatility – Cryptocurrency values fluctuate frequently. The value of deposits/bets can change quickly.
- Irreversible – Blockchain transactions are irreversible. If funds are sent to the wrong place, recovery is difficult.
- Unregulated – Most crypto casinos operate without regulation, so recourse is limited in case of disputes.
- Scam Risk – The anonymous crypto space is rife with scams and dodgy operations. Stick to established casinos.
- Complexity – Those unfamiliar with crypto may find the technology complex, from buying coins to managing wallets.
- Addictive – The high speed of crypto gambling provides quick gratification that some may find addictive.
While reputable casinos take measures to mitigate the risks, crypto gambling inherently carries more uncertainties than regulated fiat casinos. Responsible gambling practices are recommended. As with any casino, players should set limits and manage bankrolls wisely.
Overall, crypto gambling provides an exciting new way for players to engage with online casinos. The use of cryptocurrency and blockchain unlocks speed, accessibility and transparency unparalleled by traditional fiat casinos. However, users should weigh the pros and cons for their own situation before jumping into web3 gambling.
Crypto Gambling Isn't Illegal, But There Are Some Gray Areas
Legal Landscape of Crypto Gambling
The legal status of crypto gambling varies across different countries and jurisdictions. Here is a brief overview:
- In many regions, such as the EU and UK, licensed online gambling is legal but unlicensed operations are prohibited. Most crypto casinos fall into the unlicensed category, creating risk.
- Some nations take a harder stance, like China which has outright banned all crypto activities. Other areas like the Middle East prohibit gambling in any form.
- Certain countries do not allow online casinos to operate at all, whether crypto or fiat. Examples include Australia, Singapore, South Africa and others.
- In the United States, online gambling legislation varies between states. Only a handful, like New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan, permit regulated online casinos.
- A few international jurisdictions take a more open stance. For example, in Latin America and parts of Eastern Europe, crypto casinos openly serve many markets.
- In legal gray areas, individual users generally face minimal risk. However, casinos themselves take on liability by operating without licenses.
- Regulation is still evolving in most regions, with legal frameworks not yet caught up to crypto gambling. The landscape changes regularly.
For users, it is prudent to understand your local laws before playing at any online crypto casino. While individuals may fly under the radar, unregulated casinos themselves still operate in legal gray zones in many countries. As the intersection of gambling and crypto matures, regulation will likely continue increasing to provide greater consumer protection and oversight.
Crypto Gamling - The TL;DR
Cryptocurrency and blockchain bring extensive innovation to online gambling. Crypto casinos provide unparalleled speed, accessibility and provable fairness. Top casinos boast a huge range of games, especially unique options like crash and dice games unavailable elsewhere. With minimal sign up requirements, players can instantly deposit crypto and start playing.
While regulatory uncertainty remains, crypto gambling activity continues growing worldwide. The advantages of anonymity, rapid transactions, bonuses and 24/7 availability entice players to web3 casinos. However, users should be cognizant of the downsides like volatility and irreversibility of crypto before proceeding. As the space evolves, we can expect to see increased oversight and stability around crypto gambling. For now, interested players have an abundance of exciting gambling options at their fingertips in the flourishing crypto casino market.