What can you use casino bonuses on? Dos and Don'ts
Online casino bonuses are marketing tools that help online casinos increase their profits and player database.
They also benefit players by allowing them to play real money games for free and win cash prizes.
For example, a no-deposit bonus lets you start playing at the online casino without making a deposit.
Popular casino bonuses
Online casinos offer several types of bonuses, including free spins, signup, refer-a-friend, and loyalty bonuses. Below you familiarises you with the most popular casino bonus offers.
No Deposit Bonus
A no-deposit bonus is a cash or free spins bonus that does not require a deposit.
Eg: 20 free spins on a featured slot like Starburst by NetEnt.
A welcome package is a match bonus with free spins spread over several deposits.
Eg: Up to $2,000 plus 100 free spins on your first three deposits
A reload bonus is a deposit match bonus on your top-up amount.
Eg: 50% up to $100
A cashback bonus returns to your account a percentage of the losses you incurred while playing real money games during the promotional period.
Eg: 10% cashback up to $100
On the UK gambling market, hundreds of casinos display casino sign up bonus offers that can go up to hundreds of pounds each. Bonus auditors compile them, adding up lists of over 600 bonuses in one single index. The question is, now that a gambler chose one, what are the perks and availability?
Bonus games - What games can you use bonuses on?
Bonus terms prevent you from using your bonus on any game. Since online casinos want to profit from their bonus offers, they usually exclude high RTP slots and progressive jackpot slots like Mega Moolah from Microgaming.
So the bonus is available only on games the online casino permits. A list of excluded games is available in the bonus T&Cs section of the online casino.
For example, if you claim a no-deposit free spins bonus, you can use your free spins only on one or two slots. A no-deposit cash bonus, on the other hand, is available on many more games.
The type of games you can use your bonus on depends on casino policies and bonus T&Cs. We recommend reading bonus terms before claiming the bonus to avoid disappointments.
Pros and cons of casino bonuses
Just about everything in life has pros and cons, and casino bonuses are not an exception to this rule. Even the best casino bonus can have drawbacks. Reading the bonus terms helps you determine whether a bonus is good or bad.
Check the below for the pros and cons of casino bonuses:
- Get bonus cash or free spins on featured slots whenever you claim an online casino bonus.
- Use your bonus money to play real money online casino games without risking your money.
- Try new games and win real money without any risks.
- No-deposit bonuses allow you to try out online casinos for free and help you decide whether or not to make a deposit and play for real money.
- Cashback bonuses reduce the risks of gambling by returning to your account a percentage of your losses.
- Refer-a-friend bonuses help you earn money by referring depositing players to online casinos.
- Online casino bonuses are not free money, and the online casino does not allow you to withdraw them whenever you wish.
- Bonuses are subject to terms that may not always be favorable to playersUse your bonus money to play real money online casino games without risking your money.
Bonuses have terms like wagering requirements, max cashout, and max bets, which may make it difficult for you to withdraw your bonus wins.
- Some bonuses come with country and payment method restrictions.
Tips to get the most of your casino bonus
Do you want to make the most of your casino bonus offer? You may use the tips below:
- Claim a bonus offer only after reading its T&Cs.
- The best bonuses are the ones with wagering requirements you can complete.
- Avoid bonuses with wagering requirements that apply to the bonus plus deposit amount.
- Avoid bonuses with low max cashout restrictions because they restrict the amount you can withdraw from your bonus winnings.
- Make sure the bonus rules allow you to use it on your favorite games.
- Check the bonus expiry date and ensure you have enough time to clear the bonus and withdraw your winnings.
Identify the best casino bonus and claim it now
The best casino bonuses have low wagering requirements and high max cashout amounts. Online casinos are getting better at designing bonus offers. The best of them regularly launch bonuses with player-friendly terms like zero wagering requirements and no cash out restrictions.
Now that you know much about casino bonuses, why not sign up at a licensed online casino and claim one?