Play the Best Online Pokies Here
A study by the UK Gambling Commission found that pokies or so-called slots accounted for 39% of online casino games played between 2019 and 2021.
This is why pokies take up the vast majority of the games on offer, with some casinos even carrying over 400 of them. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with different themes, added features, and prizes. Another reason for their popularity is that they provide the possibility to win a large sum of money for a small investment.
Browse this pokies guide to see why this category of casino games is so special. The guide is designed to provide you with specific guidelines and support for you to understand better about online pokies and how to win.
How Do You Play on Pokies?
Playing online pokies can be more difficult than you might initially think.
While clicking the ‘spin’ button and waiting for the reels to come to a halt is fairly straightforward, there are many things to consider before doing so.
The topics below are optional, but we would definitely recommend that you study a few things. After all, if you want to maximize your winnings, as well as your entertainment value, it’s important that a slot machine is set up properly for you.
How To Select a Slot Machine at Online Casino Australia?
Before you actually sit down at a slot machine or pokies, you have to choose one. This can take more time than it sounds, simply because there are so many to choose from.
Pokies consist of several components. Let’s take a look at them…
Cherries, lemons, 7’s and bells have been basic symbols on pokies for over 50 years. Online you will encounter almost all types of symbols, there are no limitations!
The Reels on the Pokies Spin or Spin Around!
On a slot machine, the symbols are displayed on the spinning mechanical reels, often known as reels. The most common online pokies include three reels, but there are also four-reel pokies and even new-style pokies with up to eight or ten reels. “Big Berthas” is a term used to characterize these monstrosities.
The majority of rollers feature 20 to 24 brake pads or stages. Each step represents a possible destination for the reel as it spins. This phase could have a symbol, such as cherry or lemon, or it could be completely devoid of symbols (blank). A symbol is better than a blank!
The Win Line
The pay line is the most significant aspect of practically any online pokie (s). One or more horizontal or diagonal lines mark the front of the reels on a pokie, and they are known as win lines. In actuality, this is the virtual display that shows whether you’ve received a winning spin or not. To be judged genuine, winning combos must occur on one line on the pay line.
The Payout Table and Display
Next to the pay line on a pokie, the paytable is the most important screen on a pokie because it shows what combinations are needed to get a winning spin and how much each combination will payout. On a slot machine, all amounts won are displayed on the screen itself. These are often expressed in the number of coins rather than an amount in euros (however, most online pokies offer you display options to set this up to your liking).
For example, a winning combination might be displayed as a payout of 50 or 100 coins. In progressive jackpot games, the amount of the progressive jackpot is usually displayed alongside the payout of the most prized combination. The total of a progressive jackpot is normally placed above the slot machine and increases continuously.
Buttons on Pokies and What They Mean
There are a number of buttons that you will have to deal with on pokies. We’ll take a look at them here.
Play One Credit
You can also bet one coin at a time by clicking on the “PLAY ONE CREDIT” button. In that case, the reels will not spin until you press the spin button again. You can then increase your bet by clicking on the bet button. You can also change the number of coins by clicking on Credit Size or Coin Size.
The ‘Cash Out’ Button
You can either utilize your points to keep playing until the total equals 0 (which means you’ve lost everything! ), or you can click the ‘CASH OUT’ option, which will convert your points to real money and upgrade your virtual casino account right away.
In terms of online casino jackpots, slots jackpots are the most common and they are by far the most popular.
The explanation for this is quite simple when you consider that they can make players millionaires in the blink of an eye.
The phenomenon began in 1986 when the Megabucks slot machines were offered in nine different Nevada casinos. They were designed by International Game Technology and these were 3-coin slot machines. They were the first progressive jackpot slots ever and made it possible for players to win bigger prizes than ever before.
Credit Size Or Coin Size
The Credit Size or Coin Size shows how many coins or money you are currently playing with. If your bet is three coins, the display will show the number “3”.
The credits indicator shows how many credits you have in total. These normally consist of the money you put into the slot machine yourself and/or the result of your winning spins. For example, if you deposit $20 into your account and pay a $0.25 single-line pokie, you will have a total of eighty times $0.25 credits. The indicator will then show that you have “80” credits and will display that number.
Playing with the PLAY ONE CREDIT or MAX BET/CREDIT button will automatically withdraw the corresponding number of credits from your total. However, be careful when clicking MAX BET, as it could consume your entire balance if the maximum bet is extremely high.
Max Bet/Max Credits
If you press the MAX BET or MAX CREDITS button then the maximum bet is placed and the reels then spin automatically. If the machine accepts five coins as the maximum bet, then clicking on MAX CREDITS will cause five coins to be taken from your credits. The same is true if three coins are the maximum bet, then three coins will be removed from your credits. Credits is the word used in casino terminology for ‘points’.
The MAX BET or MAX CREDITS button obviously only activates the reels when you have enough money.
Things You Need to Know About Progressive Slots Jackpots
- Some jackpots are triggered randomly, so you can even win the jackpot by betting a small amount – however, it is recommended that you play with the maximum bet to ensure you get the full jackpot payout.
- Online jackpots rise quickly thanks to the large number of players contributing to the pot.
- Many casinos have dozens of slots jackpots. It is important to choose the right game, as some offer better odds of winning than others.
- Arabian Nights, Mega Moolah, and Millionaire’s Club often boast the highest online jackpots.
- The Megabucks slot machine is still hot today. However, the game has had a few updates over the years. Much more importantly, the Megabucks jackpot itself continues to reach lonely heights – regularly paying out more than $10 million to lucky pokies players.
Ways to Win a Pokies Jackpot at Online Casino Australia
- Obtain the predetermined symbols on one pay line. This requires you to get the rarest symbol from each reel on one pay line, sometimes counting only if this happens on a specific pay line. This is the most common way to win a jackpot.
- Random (Random). Some jackpots, such as the Marvel jackpots, payout completely randomly after completing a spin.
- In a bonus round in a second screen. Once in the bonus round, the top prize can equal the progressive jackpot. Winning the top prize in this form is quite rare.
Online Pokies Jackpots
The introduction of slots jackpots online has resulted in jackpots taking on much higher amounts, than the games that already existed in land-based casinos. This is due to the extensive progressive networks, which are rapidly replenished as players around the world contribute to the jackpot. In fact, every time the reels of a progressive slot machine spin, a portion goes into the progressive pot. So the more players play on these pokies, the higher the jackpots actually get.
They rise so fast that you can actually observe the jackpot increase with your own eyes. If this doesn’t make you want to grab your chance, then we don’t know what will. Online jackpots also start with a starting amount, which means that they start at a certain level and then increase in height once a jackpot is won.
This can be a big advantage that Leah A. was able to take advantage of. She won a jackpot of $313,500 on the Major Millions slot machine in 2006. But after the jackpot was reset, to her great surprise she won the jackpot again a few hours later, adding an additional $187,200 to her bank account.
Slots Tournament Notes
- Slot tournaments are increasing in popularity in both land-based casinos (abroad) and online casinos.
- Sit n Go slots tournaments are the most common.
- Chip tournaments are less risky.
- In cash tournaments, you play with your own money and get to keep the winnings in addition to the tournament prize if you win.
Slot tournaments can take a number of different forms, but there are two ways they vary. These are scheduled or sit ‘n’ go tournaments and cash or chip tournaments.
- Larger prize pool and special prizes
- Starting at a specific time
- May take place daily or weekly
- It may take weeks or even longer
Sit n Go Tournaments
- Lower prize pools
- Start as soon as the participant field is full
- Very frequent (multiple tournaments daily)
- Often lasts less than an hour
- Players use their own money
- You get to keep your winnings at the end, as well as the extra prizes you win
- Often part of a featured promotion
- The ranking is sometimes determined by the total amount you wagered rather than how much you won
- Players receive an equal amount of tournament money
- You receive a prize if you finish in one of the predetermined places that entitle you to a prize
- Are more associated with sit n go tournaments
- Find a tournament that suits you in our feed for upcoming slots tournaments
Tips For Playing Pokies Online
- Selecting the right pokie from the range of games available can have a big impact on your chances of winning.
- Choose a pokie machine with minimum and maximum bets that fit your budget.
- Remember that some pokies have many pay lines, so you need to select the number of pay lines you wish to play with.
- First, learn how the paytable works so you know which symbols unlock bonus features and which ones payout the jackpot.
- Playing on a slot machine itself is quite simple; just a matter of choosing a game, placing a bet, and clicking ‘spin’.
The temptation for many beginners playing online pokies for the first time is to select a slot machine they know by name. In most cases, these are typically branded slot machines, such as Spiderman and Lord of the Rings slot machines. However, it is worth noting that these pokies often have a lower payout percentage than others. They may have fewer winning opportunities, fewer features, and perhaps most importantly, a small or no jackpot.
Online Slot Machines Advice
- Choose a slot machine that fits your budget. This is determined by the minimum and maximum stakes allowed.
- Select the number of pay lines you wish to use. Generally speaking, the more pay lines you play with, the higher your chances of winning. However, some people prefer the traditional slot machines with one pay line.
- Find a theme that you can entertain yourself with. After all, you want to enjoy yourself when playing online pokies, so choose one that you find exciting, fun, and entertaining.
- Choose what kind of bonus features you want. This may sound strange, but some people have their theories about certain features, such as free spins, and prefer not to have them. On the other hand, some pokies have every feature imaginable.
- Don’t be afraid to explore your way. With so much choice, it’s easy to get your head down during your search for the perfect slot machine. To remedy this, it’s best to just take the plunge and try out a pokie whose look appeals to you. If you don’t enjoy it then you can always pick another.
Guide to Playing Online Pokies
Once you have chosen a pokie that appeals to you, there is not much left for you to do except to play on it. But before you can count your money with any luck, there are some aspects you should be aware of.
To help beginners through this process, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to playing online pokies – call it an “online pokies beginner’s guide.
- Once you have an online pokie in front of you, take a moment to look at the paytable. Explore the scatter images, wild symbols, and what you need to launch the bonus features.
- Set the number of pay lines and the stake per pay line. Although the amount you wish to bet is entirely your decision, we recommend playing with the maximum number of pay lines – even if it means lowering your bet per pay line.
- Select whether you want the pokie to play automatically, so you can watch the action in peace. If you choose not to use this option.
- Then press the ‘Spin’ button or any other accessible option.
- As the reels draw to a halt, the wins per pay line and extra features that have been enabled are revealed.
- The instructions are normally offered when you obtain an additional feature. Follow these steps and take in the breathtaking sights.
- After completing your bonus feature or spin, simply repeat the process again until you are completely satisfied!
We do have to stress that this guide is not 100% accurate for every online pokie, as they can vary quite a bit. In any case, it does provide you with a solid foundation for learning how to play pokies.