Casino movies you need to watch
For decades now, casino games have been top on the list of things many people enjoy playing during their leisure time. With the emergence of online casino sites like bestcasino.org, the popularity and love for casino games have increased immensely. There is a huge probability that this growth may also result from some great casino movies produced over the years. Movies are famous for creating great impressions in people’s minds and influencing them to make certain decisions.
Many people who already love playing casino games will also enjoy watching a casino-themed movie because it will remind them of specific situations they might have encountered before. Casino movies can also help you to become a better player by teaching you some valuable lessons from the experience of the characters in the film.
Best Casino Movies Of All Time
Several movies have had a casino theme and storyline over the years, but some stand out more than the rest. Such as:
- Casino: This 1995 movie featured two Hollywood greats, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci, who at that time had just taken the world by storm with the success of their epic gangster movie, Goodfellas. Both Goodfellas and Casino shared similarities in themes, narrative style, and casting. However, Casino was entirely set in Las Vegas. It is arguably the most famous gambling movie of all time.
The Martin Scorsese-directed movie is a depiction of what happens in the background of a casino that is controlled by a dangerous gang. It features different vices, ranging from deception to murder. If you are a lover of casino movies with an action-filled storyline, then this movie is probably the best option for you.
- The Gambler: In this 1974 classic movie, James Caan played the role of a university professor who has a gambling addiction. The addiction continued until it deteriorated to the level where the professor had to plummet into self-destruction. The mental health of the James Caan character in the movie experienced a depleted mental state due to all the loans he had taken to quench his desire for the thrills of gambling.
This movie and its 2014 remake, starring Mark Wahlberg, are the perfect movies for anyone who may be at the risk of suffering from gambling addiction. Watching this movie will serve as a form of warning to all gamblers.
- Casino Royale: James Bond movies are famous for having suspense-filled and exciting adventures. This 2006 movie is not any different, as it is full of suspense from the first scene to the very last. With Daniel Craig playing James Bond in this movie, his primary mission is to find a way to bankrupt the antagonist, played by Mads Mikkelsen, in a poker game.
This film will be fascinating to casino lovers, as they would get to witness their favourite spy, James Bond, participate in a Texas Hold ‘em competition at the famous Casino Royale located in Montenegro.
- Ocean’s Eleven: Another movie that is arguably top on this list is Ocean’s Eleven, but it is not precisely famous for the casino games. It is more popular for the fantastic heists carried out by Danny Ocean (George Clooney) and his crew that consisted of ten people. Danny, an ex-con, planned three different robberies in three casinos.
As a result of the robberies, you will be able to see a lot of activities and secrets about land-based casinos that go on behind the scenes. Some of these revelations may help you create a new strategy for playing casino games. There are also some other exciting casino-related scenes like for example, the scene where George Clooney and Brad Pitt squared off at the card table.
- The Color Of Money: This movie is one of the few casino-themed movies that won an Oscar. Paul Newman earned his first and only Oscar for the role he played in this 1986 movie. The movie is a sequel to another popular casino movie, The Hustler, a 1961 movie that tells the story of gambling from the perspective of loyalty, ambition, and integrity.