Building Responsive and User-friendly Gambling and iGaming Websites on WordPress
Gambling has always been a massive part of human culture and society. Since the oldest human civilizations, people have played games of chance and staked their cash on these games to boot. The practice has been with us since the beginning, so naturally, it has evolved alongside us and our societies. From simple bar games to small gambling dens to grandiose casinos, gambling has remained a staple of our entertainment.
In the 21st century, the digital age has brought us online casinos. People can now play all their favourite games without needing to leave home. The iGaming industry has enabled access to gambling games like slots, roulette, blackjack, poker, and many others, using pretty much any electronic device. That, coupled with the improvements made to safety and reliability, makes it possible for gaming sites to reach a broader audience with their vast library of classic games.
But what if you are interested in building your gambling website? There are quite a lot of tools that can help you with this in 2023. However, most of them are rather pricey. The one exception to this is WordPress. So, let us get into how you can build a responsive and user-friendly gambling website using WordPress.
Choosing a Suitable WordPress Theme
For those who don’t know, WordPress is a free-to-use, open-source system for content management. In other words, you could use WordPress to build and manage a website. And the best part is that WordPress is free. And if you don’t mind paying $45 a month, WordPress also has a hosted version, which is certainly one of the best website builders of 2023. However, even if you don’t have the funds or inclination to pay for the service, the free version is still incredibly useful.
Once you get ahold of WordPress, the first thing you will want to do is choose a suitable theme. If you aren’t aware, a theme is a preset package that gives access to different graphical, functionality, and appearance details. The great thing about WordPress’s theme management system is that you can change the appearance and functionality without altering the website’s core code.
In 2023, most people are moving away from PC-based online gambling and are getting interested in mobile apps. If you look at some new, successful gambling sites, like Silver Oak casino, you will find that their design fits mobile devices quite well. So, the first thing you will need to do is pick a theme suitable for a mobile device. In doing so, you will create a website far more likely to appeal to a larger audience.
When it comes to gambling themes, you will find that WordPress has quite a broad selection. If you are a notable user of online gambling websites and you peruse WordPress, you will undoubtedly recognize some of the themes as they are frequently used to create various iGaming sites. Some of the best themes when it comes to iGaming include:
- CoinFlip: one of the most popular choices, as it readily comes with horse betting, video poker, and slots categories, as well as a lot more.
- Poker Dice: The name says it all. Poker Dice is an excellent theme for iGaming.
- Mercury: elegant, slick, and perfectly suitable to casinos, Mercury is likely going to be your best choice.
Customizing the Website Design
After choosing the appropriate theme, you will want to make the website your own. It might not seem important, but people consciously or subconsciously notice and appreciate originality in web design. So, customizing the website and giving it a unique spin is your next logical step. Luckily WordPress has quite a few customization options. To help you out, we have provided this simple, step-by-step guide, to customizing your WordPress website.
- Step 1: Configure your WordPress settings. You have two options here. One is for configuring your WordPress layout, and the other is for customizing the look of your website. So, adjust the look of your WordPress any way you like, and then move on to the website.
- Step 2: Find a suitable theme for your website. We’ve already discussed the importance of a good theme in this article. So we will not dwell on it too much. Find an appropriate theme and begin your website’s design.
- Step 3: Customize your theme. Once you’ve found the right one, all you need to do is make it your own. Go to the appearance section, and customize it to fit what you are going for.
- Step 4: Incorporate images. Creating an attractive layout is of utmost importance. So, use some attractive and professionally done images, that will help you attract a bigger crowd.
Enhancing Functionality with Plugins
Plugins are a part of software that add specific features to programs or websites. And WordPress has quite the extensive plugin library. As of 2021, the website has reached close to 60,000 plugins, and that number might just have gone up in 2023. Each of these plugins offers a unique, custom function, that will enhance your website’s functionality.
To find any plugins you might need, simply go to the WordPress website under the “plugins” section. From there, locate the necessary and desirable plugins, and configure them to your website. To do this, you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Go to the section labeled “Plugins.”
- Click on the button marked “Add New”, located in the left toolbar.
- Locate any plugins you might want to add, and click the “Install Now” button, located in the upper-right corner of the plugin.
- Once it is installed, click the button marked “Activate”, located in the same upper-right corner of the plugin.
Once you go through with this, you are done. And you should have no trouble creating your very own gambling and iGaming website.
In 2023, it is easier than ever to create your website. With free tools like WordPress, anyone can build the next great online gambling and iGaming website. Remember, if you embark on this journey, you must make it as responsive and user-friendly as possible. So utilize some of the tools suggested in this article to create a magnificent space for online gambling and sports betting.