7 Biggest Slot Machine Wins of All Time
Slot machines are very easy to play. You do not need any gambling experience, tricks, and strategies to let the reels spin in a slot machine. Anyone who is letting the reels spin for the first time can walk away with a million dollars. All you need is luck and blessings from Lord Almighty to land the symbols in the correct combinations on the gird to win big prizes. The stakes are low when playing on these video machines, but you can see massive wins come your way. The progressive jackpots have made a huge difference to these simple machines and have increased the prize money exponentially. It is only through progressive jackpot slots that you can see the biggest wins heading your direction. These games increase the jackpot prize every time it plays out with no wins.
- An anonymous woman won $12,769,933 in Las Vegas. A woman visited the casino in Aria Resort, located in the Mecca of casinos – Las Vegas. She had gone there to celebrate her niece’s birthday. This visit to the city turned out to be the luckiest for the woman who went there just to celebrate her niece’s birthday. After partying and before returning to the room, she just dropped $6 on a random slot machine. She saw random numbers flash on the screen and was informed that she had hit the jackpot prize of about $12.8 million. The Megabucks series machine by IGT was the one that cashed out this jackpot prize.
- British soldier wins £13.2 million on Mega Moolah. This is one of the biggest online jackpot prizes won playing the Mega Moolah progressive slot by Microgaming. Jon Heywood, a 26-year-old British soldier, won it by just placing 25 pence. Yes, you have read it right. With the 25 pence small stake, he took home such a whopping amount. There is no doubt that the British soldier was very lucky. He spent a good portion of his gamble win for the medical treatment of his father.
- A veteran wins a whopping jackpot of $21 million. Winning can come at any age, and it was a very sweet win for a 92-year-old veteran. The biggest surprise about this win is that the veteran did not hit the jackpot once, but he claimed it twice. This veteran had won $4.6 million earlier playing a Megabucks slot. It unfolded when he was 80 years old. Elmer Sherwin is a World War II veteran and an avid slots lover. The veteran is into gambling for many years. He returned to the same casino after 12 years of winning the jackpot and tried the same Megabucks title. This time he won a $21,147,947 jackpot prize. While he used his first prize to go on a world tour, he gave away a large portion of the second jackpot to help the Hurricane Katrina victims. It is important to choose titles that have various features that can rake in the big wins. Even if you are not playing jackpot titles, you can win big by choosing games offering free spins, multiplies, and bonus rounds like action bank free play. With the option to try free online these days, you have better chances of landing the big wins that the game offers when betting with real money.
- Mega Fortune awards $24 Million to a Finnish punter. A Finnish poker player decided to try his hand on the Mega Fortune slot machine. He was playing at an online casino in Scandinavia. This 40-year-old man is a poker aficionado. He let the reels spin on the Mega Fortune machine with a mere 25 cents. The poker enthusiast got lucky to land the right icons to trigger the bonus round, and his winnings started to increase. He ended up winning $24 million with just 25 cents bet.
- A cocktail waitress spins her way to $34.9 million. Cynthia Jay Brennan visited Desert Inn casino after her work in January 2000. The waitress decided to play the slot machine at the gaming center. After about one hour of reel spinning, she walked out of the casino with $34.9 million. There is no doubt that it would have been the happiest moment of her life. But, her fairytale win turned out to be horrendous in just 6 weeks time. She met with a serious car crash that paralyzed her. You can call this the Megabucks curse.
- Young software engineer makes $39 million in a Las Vegas casino. This is one of the biggest wins that a gambler collected from a Las Vegas casino. Luck was in favour of the young software engineer. He decided to try his hand at Megabucks jackpot at Excalibur Casino. This happened in 2003, and he played with a $100 stake. It was a lucky day for him, and he spun his way to a whopping $39 million jackpot.