17 Money-Saving Tips for Your Road Trip to Las Vegas
If you're going to Las Vegas, try some of these money-saving ideas.
If you're eligible, you might be able to score a nice welcome offer by opening a new credit card account. Look for one that offers a sign-up bonus of cash or points that can be used directly toward your trip.
2. Use your credit card points. Cash in any free hotel room certificates you have.
On and around holidays, more people have time off to travel. Popular destinations will be more crowded and businesses have little incentive to offer deals or savings.
Some hotels charge more on Saturdays. Las Vegas is cheaper on weekdays.
5. Set a gambling budget. Decide ahead of time how much you're willing to spend on gambling and then stop once that amount is used up.
Get a player's card at each casino.
7. Gamble off the strip. You are likely to find lower minimum bets and friendlier player rules there. Some people say the slot machines pay out more often off Las Vegas Boulevard.
8. Get a room off the Las Vegas strip. Off-strip hotels offer good food and entertainment without the high room price.
Las Vegas hotels and resorts often offer free cancellation right up until a few days before arrival. Find out the cancellation policy for your reservation and then keep booking better deals until it's not an option any more.
Book a last-minute room in Las Vegas. Rooms can be as little as $20.
All the casinos and smaller venues offer free entertainment. Some shows are outdoors and some are indoors. The Venetian has painted ceilings.
12.17 Money-Saving Tips for Your Road Trip to Las Vegas. Buy half-price tickets. Discount resellers sell same-day tickets at a steep discount. Kiosks are located throughout Las Las.
Find free parking and leave your car parked. Use public transportation. Las Vegas has a bus that can shuttle you between downtown and the strip for a few dollars a day. Some hotels have free tram service to other hotels.
Many hotel rooms come with a small refrigerator. Do a little grocery shopping to save money on restaurant meals.
The Las Vegas hotel buffets are rumored to be reopening sometime in June or July 2021. If a buffet is an option, time your visit for a late breakfast or early lunch to save on one whole meal for the day. The Buffet of Buffets pass gives you access to a number of buffet for one price.
16. Avoid using a casino ATM. Get your cash ahead of time at a bank ATM outside the casino.
Thieves are living and thriving in Las Vegas. Be more defensive and wary of any heart-tugging plea for help or golden opportunity.
Be kind to the workers who provide a service for your benefit. Las Vegas people work around the clock to provide you with a good experience. Their personal finances depend on tips.